The General Store - Incentive System
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Get 10% to 15% off all your online purchases by subscribing to the Head of Household plan.
Empowering children, from preschool to the end of elementary school, has never been more fun and effective than with this game from the General Store.
A fun tool that will amuse your children and make them independent... ONE TOKEN AT A TIME! Much more than a positive reinforcement tool, this concept is neither more nor less than a citizenship education tool!
With each good move, the children accumulate wood tokens that they can exchange for rewards that you have placed in the box in the General Store. The tasks accomplished, the gestures of autonomy and the good behavior allow the child to collect tokens. The more tokens accumulated, the greater the reward.
Not suitable for children under 3 years old as this product contains small parts.
Recommended age: 3-12 years old
Box Dimension: 14.5" x 12" x 3" (37 x 30 x 7.5cm)
General Store Dimension: 14" x 11" x 7.75" (36.5 x 28 x 19.5cm)
- 1 cardboard box, resistant and foldable to insert rewards
- 2 boards to count the accumulated tokens
- 15 privilege coupons to reward children
- 3 sticker sheets to personalize the Store box, piggy banks and tokens
- 2 savings books
- 4 discount coupons
- 2 debit cards
- 35 wooden tokens
- A mini-survival guide for the accompanying parent
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
The general store is a system of positive reinforcement which makes it possible to increase the frequency of a behavior or to make a non-existent behavior appear. More effective than negative consequences, positive reinforcement provides the child with the necessary motivation to adopt habits that we want to see continue. Not to mention that positive feedback contributes to the development of the child's self-esteem!
What to put in the Store box?
Avoid filling the store with useless stuff! Instead, think about everything you already give your children. Here are some ideas:
- Modeling clay or markers to replace those that have dried out or been overused.
- Batteries to replace used toy batteries.
- The bag of cookies or the box of cereal you requested at the grocery store that wasn't on your list.
- Anything you want to buy your child when it's neither Christmas nor their birthday. (Books, novelty hair ties, colored stockings, temporary tattoos, puzzles, etc.)
Ici c’est un succès!!! Mon fils de 6 ans adore le concept.
Système de renforcement positif qui fonctionne très bien! Toutes les pièces sont jolies et attrayantes. Petit bémol: on paye vraiment pour une boîte de carton, des jetons et quelques accessoires (carnet d’épargne, quelques coupons…). Le guide d’accompagnement est très minimaliste. Je pensais que pour le prix, il y aurait un meilleur guide avec trucs éducatifs plus complets pour accompagner les parents. Mais c’est ma seule déception, car le concept en soit est génial!
Super, j’adore le principe du renforcement positif !! :)
Prends temps à arriver, mais parfait. Merci
Le Magasin général - Système de motivation