The Calm Down Kit
WARNING. ANY ORDER CONTAINING THIS PRODUCT WILL BE DELIVERED AS OF FEBRUARY.
Both unique and appealing, this kit contains everything you need to support your children in learning how to control their emotions.
The idea behind the kit is to teach your children to identify their emotions in a more positive way and help them learn how to remedy the consequences of inappropriate behaviour. Who said that supporting our children in their emotional development can't be fun?
Recommended age: 2 to 8 years old. Supervision of a parent necessary at all times for children under 3.
Attractively designed case made of strong and durable cardboard.
Kit dimensions: 9 x 6.5" x 3" (23 x 16.5 x 7.5 cm)
- 1 booklet with 13 pictograms each reprensenting an emotion
- 1 anger/sadness plush toy with its Go away pouch.
- 1 box containing 12 play plasters with a positive gesture suggestion.
- 1 anti-stress cube with 6 actions to help control their emotions
- 20 "anger voucher" sheets to be crumple up
- 1 hourglass
- 1 mini survival guide for parents
The kit allows children to learn how to control the intensity of their emotions in order to live well in society. Managing emotions well is something that can be learned just like riding a bicycle or conjugating. With this tool, it is easier to support children to help them find ways to do so. In this way, the child will be able to identify unpleasant emotions and break them down in a positive way.
Tips for using the Calming Down Kit to its full potential
- When the child is very young, it is sometimes necessary to stay with him/her in the corner so that he/she can stay there until calm is restored. It is important for the child to understand that he or she will have to stay in the corner until calm is restored. In time, he will be able to stay there without an adult present and may even end up going by himself.
- Always try to present the corner as something positive and not as a negative consequence. The problem is not the feeling of anger, but the inappropriate action that accompanies it, such as yelling, insulting or breaking something. For this type of behaviour, encourage the child to make amends.
- Set an example and use the Quiet Zone when you feel angry. This will avoid stigmatizing the child and make him or her realize that everyone experiences emotions, even adults.
- Over time, if the kit loses its appeal, invite the child to personalize it. Let them add things that help them calm down (puzzles, legos, sensory objects).
Mon coco de bientôt 3 ans aime déjà beaucoup les outils à l'intérieur. Il utilise le sablier pour se calmer et aime beaucoup mettre le nuage dans le sac. J'ai hâte de le voir grandir avec la trousse 😊
Superbe boîte avec des outils qui seront utile. Pour l’instant avec mon presque 4 ans on utilise le nuage ☁️ en toutou et les pansements de réparation. Les autres outils seront utilisés dans un proche future.
The Calm down kit
The Calm Down Kit